Sunday, January 06, 2013

Welcome 2013!

Happy New Year! One of my resolutions this year is to reconnect with people. So I'm back to my blog to say hello and to wish everyone the very best in the new year. I want to share with you 3 wonderful creations that my dear sister made for me this Fall. My birthday gifts included this handmade birthday book, which is precious beyond words... each page a treasure. This hootingly fantastic owl pillow which she made- she even drew and created the pattern! And then this collage she made for me for Christmas. "Playmates, come out and play with me..." was a song that we sang as little girls and holds a special place in our hearts. The image of the little girl with her "dollies three" is one of my favorites! Oh how difficult life can be sometimes, and this year hasn't been the easiest. But these wonderful handmade gifts made just for me by my one and only precious sister remind me to be grateful for the many blessings in my life... the most important blessing being my family and friends. So Happy New Year to you, dear blogger friends! I hope to see more of you in 2013

2 comments:

South City Hues said...

Welcome back sista!

Linda said...

What wonderful gifts...aren't sisters the best?! Here's wishing you all good things in the New Year.